Dear Valued Alfa Chicks Customer
RE: 2021 Day old chicks orders
As you are aware South Africa is going through a day old chick supply crisis. This is mostly due to the effects that Covid 19 had on the day old chick supply side as chick producers all over the country scrambled to adjust for the impact that Covid 19 was expected to have on the economy. Subsequently, with the easing of lockdown restrictions we now find ourselves in the middle of a large under supply of day old chicks. This under supply is being addressed but one needs to understand that with a live product that relies on many months of growth that is not simply a matter of turning on a switch to regain lost capacity.
We therefore expect the shortage to continue well into 2021. This supply challenge as you are aware forced us to do the following:
- We have had to focus on supplying loyal customers who have been taking chicks from us at regular intervals during the year and who have not cancelled orders during the year. We cancelled or reduced October and November orders of customers who reduced or cancelled their orders during the year.
- We have had to stick to order totals that were taken during the year and were not able to increase orders during October and November. So, if for example, you purchase 500 chicks every two weeks throughout the year and wanted to increase your order to 1000 chicks every two weeks in October and November, you would not have been able to do so.
We are therefore in a position where we are focusing on loyal and reliable customers first. You are requested to do the following to ensure your supply of chicks:
- Ensure that your orders are properly worked out and communicated to us as soon as possible for the period 1 December 2020 to 30 November 2021. These orders should be hand delivered to our drivers or emailed to [email protected] or called in on 087 985 0603 / 012 561 1205 Orders will be placed on a first come first serve basis. Please do not delay.
- You are requested to ensure that your orders are paid and that the payment is reflecting with us at least 7 days before the agreed delivery date. Customers who pay at least 7 days before delivery will receive preferential treatment even if another payment arrangement exists.
- You are requested to keep to the orders you have made as any late cancelations or reductions in orders will reflect negatively and result in reductions in October and November orders.
We trust that you understand the above requirements. We need to be as fair as possible to as many farmers as possible but require your cooperation to ensure that everyone who deserves to be helped can be helped.
If you are not sure of your current order status please contact our office and request us to email you your existing orders for the period 1 December 2020 to 30 November 2021.
We would like to assure you that our main priority is to supply the best possible day old chick to our farmers. This will mean that we will never buy out substandard chicks to enable us to fulfil our order book and that under supply challenges will persist until new suitable layers come into production.