All the freeze-dried vaccines can be prepared and administered using the same method.
- Withdraw water 1 to 2 hours before mixing vaccine, dependable on weather, to get chicks thirsty. Usually the smallest dose we supply is for 1000 chicks.
Use 1 liter of water per bottle of vaccination for every day that the chicks are old. Therefore if your chicks are 14 days old and you have 700 chicks you will prepare as follows:
- The number of chicks being vaccinated is 700, which is less than the smallest vaccination dose of 1000 chicks. So we begin by preparing a vaccination solution for 1000 chicks and pro rata reduce it to accommodate 700 chicks.
- You will start by adding the vaccine (1000 doses) to 1 liter of water.
- You will then add the 1 liter solution above to a further 13 liters of water to obtain a 14 liter solution, i.e. 1 liter of solution for each day that the chicks are old.
- You now have a solution for 1000 chicks but you only want to vaccinate 700 chicks. Therefore you will only use 70% of the solution or 9.8 liters (14 liters x 700 divide by 1000) of the solution to vaccinate the chicks.
- Dispose the rest in the sun on dry ground. Mix this solution with one desert spoon skimmed milk for virus to life longer. Put out in a lot more drinkers as usual to ensure every bird will have immediate access to the solution. 3 drinkers per 100 chickens should be sufficient. After about 1 hour when solution has been consumed the supply of fresh water should be resumed.
Water stabilizer. Effective vaccination even under sub-optimal water conditions. Effervescent granules – quickly dissolved in the drinking water.
Give only when a bacterial infection is present. Give at a dosage of 5 milliliter on 8-litre water on day 1, plus another 4 days at 5 milliliter on 16-litre water. The solution must be given continuously and will help if you give vitamins together in water.
Vitamines for stress
Use at 5-milliliter powder on 8-liter water or in bulk at 100 gram on 200-litre water. Do not overdose on vitamins and do not exceed manufacturers recommended dosage as this can lead to dehydration in the birds.
Use against coccidiosis – it is a bacterial disease in the gut, chicks will have blood in the droppings. Use at 5 milliliter on 8-liter water for 3 days period; stop for 3 days then treat for another 3 days. Stop the treatment 7 days before chickens have to be slaughtered.
This medicine is used to prevent Micro-plasmosis and must be used on all farms with a multi age farming system. See the medicine program.
AS WELL AS
Used for treatment against E-coli and other secondary bacterial infections. E-coli is a stress-related infection and its cause is usually directly linked to poor ventilation. If chicks do not get enough ventilation from day 1, they will be susceptible to E-coli infection.
Used for the relief of laboured breathing in cases of swollen head syndrome and respiratory tract challenges usually caused by poor ventilation. Mix 25ml with 2 liters water. Mix with 100 liters drinking water. Super air is not an antibiotic and should not be given together with antibiotics
Bedgen-40 Liquid is a liver modulator with Choline Chloride and Cynara extract, revitalizing the liver and improving liver function. A healthy liver improves the chick’s ability to utilize the feed optimal. Use for 4 days continued in drinking water- 20ml / 10litre water.
Superstart improves significantly early activity by: boosting antioxidant & electrolyte levels, increase energy availability, thereby, assisting in digestion and enzyme stimulation. Give for first three days for six hours, 2 kg per 1000-liter water.
Waterlines treatment with the main objective of reducing pathogen levels and organic levels in the water lines and improve gut health. Used in salmonella control programmes. From day 5, once per week. 5 ml per liter water.
An odour ant anti-microbial product for use in wet manure problem areas and for treatment of wet areas and bad smells. Will dry out manure, wet spots & prevent bacterial growth and fend off flies. Scatter over wet spots. 150 – 200 grams per square meter.